Sunday, April 9, 2017

Texas Southern's Derrick Griffin works out for Texans

HOUSTON, Texas -- Having recovered from a strained quadriceps that hampered him at his Pro Day workout, former Texas Southern football player auditioned for the Texans on Saturday.

Griffin played wide receiver at Texas Southern, but the former Rosenberg Terry standout worked out for the Texans at tight end during their local prospects day.

Griffin was 6-6, 240 pounds, down eight pounds from the Rice Pro Day when he couldn't run a 40-yard dash. Griffin met with Texans general manager Rick Smith and several coaches.

"I think I did pretty well," Griffin said. "I was at tight end for the first time. It was a good experience. I felt back to 100 percent. It was just a little strain. I didn't want to risk making it worse at the other workout.

"I bounced back. I felt good running my routes. I felt good at a different position. I'll play wherever they want me to play. I'll get in where I fit in."

CONTINUE READING

No comments: