Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas arrives a few days early for former Conway, CCU running back Jah-Maine Martin; Headed to North Carolina A&T

CONWAY, South Carolina -- All Jah-Maine Martin wanted was a second chance. Only a few days before Christmas, it looks as if the former Conway standout got his wish.

Via Twitter, Martin announced Thursday he plans to enroll at North Carolina A&T.

“I can’t thank God enough for this opportunity,” he said. “About six months ago I was arrested and kicked out of school. “I stayed down and never lost faith. Had to sit out a semester, but another door opened.”

According to Martin, N.C. A&T was among the schools who recruited him hard during his time at Conway.



“They hit me up and told me they were still interested,” he said. “They sent me the paperwork and basically said if it cleared then they wanted me. The rest is history.”

Martin said he plans to enroll at N.C. A&T in January.

Previously, Martin attended Coastal Carolina where he rushed for 175 yards on 27 carries and two touchdowns during his freshman year. It continued a trend he started at Conway High, where he ran for more than 1,000 yards in his final two seasons.

CONTINUE READING

No comments: